Guidelines for Writers
Why Write for Us?
With our Spend Culture blog, the vision is to bring Procurement, Supply Chain Management and Finance thought leaders together to educate the industry as a whole.
Our blog averages 60,000+ readers monthly, and many of our clients from various industries such as Aerospace, SaaS and Biotech are loyal subscribers.
Who You Are Writing For
This blog offers lessons for doers who want to make an impact from the frontline of business . To get an idea of the kind of reader we want to pander to — think of an ambitious executive who’s not particularly satisfied at work. They want to make more impact in their company, and are curious to learn exactly how they can do so.
What Backgrounds Do Our Readers Come From?
Our readers are employees at medium and large companies. They work in Finance, Purchasing, Procurement, Supply Chain and Operations. The bulk of the readership, however, comes from Finance and Purchasing: CFOs, Controllers, Purchasing Managers, Buyers, Chief Procurement Officers.
- Clarify any terms, jargon that may need to be elaborated for the reader’s consideration. What is even more crucial here is context : Please insert relevant examples to substantiate your point.
- We are not looking for creative writing; we are looking for expertise, and experience that can be presented in a lucid and easy-to-reader manner.
- Get to the point quickly; we are competing with millions of webpages to catch the reader’s eye. Do not place demands on the reader’s attention by writing something that doesn’t deserve to be in the post.
- You can keep your write-up between 500 and 1,000 words; you may go over — we are not so particular about the length so long as the write-up is qualitatively substantive.
What Are Some Of The Things I Can Write About?
Almost anything so long as you feel that it will interest our readers.
Here’s a list of suggestions you can write on:
- E Procurement
- Cash Flows
- Spend Management
- Spend Control
- Spend Visibility
- Vendor Consolidation
- Problems With Accounts Payable
- Strategic Sourcing
- Future of Procurement
- AI in Purchasing
- Relationship Between Finance & Purchasing
For a better idea of what we are looking for, please take a look at our previously published articles:
- Return on Failure: Why Jeff Bezos Doesn’t Believe in Profit
- Burn Rates: Tech Has a Burning Problem. But Is It Unsolvable?
- Calling All CPOs: Here’s How You Can Stand Up To Your CFO
- Here’s What Happened To This Company After Procurement Was Freed From Finance’s Control
- How Fake Invoices Cost Citi $400 Million
We accept both complete articles and pitches. If you are ready, please fill out your submission form here.
Spend Culture – Guest Writer Terms and Conditions (Pop Up)
- By writing for Spend Culture, you agree to allow us to modify your work as needed to fit within our editorial calendar and consistency with brand and tone, and update it in the future for accurateness.
- You agree to grant us full distribution rights to your work where it may be reposted on our various channels.
- You may not republish your entire guest post to your own blog, Medium or any other external sites. Sections of the article may be used if you link back to the original Spend Culture blog post.
- If you wish to share your work with your network, please also mention us at @Procurify on Twitter and Facebook.