January 26th is Australia Day!
We might be based up here in Canada, but that doesn’t mean we don’t want to show our Australian partners and clients some love!
So here are a few fun facts about the awesome country/continent down under:
1. Australia boasts some of the most coast! In fact 80% of Australians live within 100 km of the coastline.
2. It is the 6th largest country in the world.
3. 91% of Australia is vegetation – trees, plants, wildlife…
4. Besides Athens, Melbourne has the largest Greek population in the world.
5. The capital of Australia is Canberra.
6. Australia is 2.97 million square miles (7.692 million square kilometers).
7. The prime minister is Tony Abbott.
8. My water bottle is named after an animal that lives there – platypus: